The Campaign for Southern Equality (CSE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All grants and donations to CSE are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Our Federal Tax Identification number is 27-4064401. Launched in June 2011, CSE is currently in its second year of operations.
Below you can learn more about CSE’s finances.
The Campaign for Southern Equality is incorporated in North Carolina and is a non-profit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code.
IRS Form 990
Our annual tax forms are available for review:
- Our 2013 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2012 Form 990 can be viewed here;
- Our 2011 Form 990 (our first year) can be viewed here.
How CSE is Funded
CSE is a 501(c)(3) organization which launched in 2011. CSE uses a campaign model, which involves keeping overhead costs low and maintaining a nimble structure. We fund our work from a range of sources, including:
- individual donations;
- in kind donations;
- pro bono services;
- foundation grants;
- revenue-generating activities (e.g. selling t-shirts).
We are very grateful to the individuals, faith communities, foundations and community partners who have provided funding and in-kind donations to make our work possible, including those listed below. If you have questions about CSE’s fundraising, please feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First Congregational United Church of Christ, Asheville, N.C.
- Hope Central Church, Jamaica Plain, MA
- Land of the Sky United Church of Christ, Asheville, N.C.
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Swannanoa Valley, Black Mountain, N.C.
- First Church in Wenham, Wenham, MA
- Umstead Park United Church of Christ, Raleigh, N.C.
Foundations and Partner Organizations include:
- Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
- The Laughing Gull Fund
- Fund for Southern Communities
- E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Foundation
- 300 Giving Circle
- Southern Partners Fund
- Amy Mandel and Katina Rodis Fund
- Frederick O. Watson Foundation
- The Case Foundation
- Fund for Democratic Communities
- Freedom to Marry